Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Heartbeat

We finally got to hear the heartbeat!

At our 12 week appointment they brought out the doppler and rolled it around my belly. It felt like an eternity before we heard the quick thumping sound of that little person growing inside of me! Pete said it really was only a few seconds - I definitely was holding my breath : ) It was fun watching his face as it lit up with amazement as we heard it - I think we were both a little nervous about it. He said it sounded like a train (and with our home across the street from the train tracks, I think we have heard plenty of those).

The doctor said we would get to hear it at each appointment, so I will look forward to hearing that sweet sound each month.

I have gained 0.3 pounds as of my 12 week appointment and my shape hasn't changed all that much, even without working out for the last 2 months or so.

This week though (almost 14 weeks!) I have been more bloated and have started moving into my bigger work pants. Thank god I saved the "fat" pants! I refuse to start wearing maternity at this point but feel that's it's on the horizon soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment