Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Monday, May 11, 2015

March for Babies

After months of planning and fundraising, the day was finally here.
Only, it wasn't what I had planned.
It was the coldest day in April...and raining.

Still, the 2015 March for Babies will always be one to be remembered. This year over $150,000 was raised - a record year! Pete and I were personally able to raise over $25,000 through the support of our family, friends and community.


We were able to educate on the need for more research through sharing Alexander's story on several media outlets. Here was us on Paula Sands Live: http://kwqc.com/2015/04/10/quad-cities-march-for-babies/ and on WQAD: http://wqad.com/tag/alex-stopulos/. These stories meant the world to us and our media friends shared the information with such care. 

Despite the rain, wind and cold, so many friends and co-workers came out to walk - with umbrellas and parkas! My sister was able to walk with me. Even Alexander was able to be there for the presentation (my parents took the kids back to our house due to the weather). 



Alexander was reunited with his bestie from the NICU, Frances. The Mills family joined us for the walk and then came to our house for lunch and afternoon play. It was so much fun seeing those two play side by side, without tubes or monitors. 




The night before the walk, I was emotional. I cried to Pete that this was not what I had envisioned for the year that we chaired the walk. But it ended up being so much more than I could have ever imagined. It was one of THE best days doing something greater for a cause that means so much to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment